Trip Planner Help and Tips
New: See a short animated tutorial on using the Trip Planner.
1500 32nd Street NW
2832 M St SE
300 Monticello Blvd
K Street & 3rd Street NW
3rd St & Wisconsin Ave NW
6th & M
The White House
- Use abbreviations for North, South, East, Northwest as: N, S, E, NW, etc.
- Use '&' when entering intersections.
- City, state, and zipcode are not needed and should not be entered.
Trip Planner Coverage
Metro's Trip Planner provides instant itineraries
for trips on Metrorail, Metrobus, and other local bus and
rail systems. Itineraries provide door-to-door fares
and travel times, complete with walking directions
Transit Providers Covered by Metro's Trip Planner
- Local bus service including CUE, U-MD Shuttle, Howard
County Transit, DASH, Arlington, Frederick County Transit,
RIBS Fairfax Connector, Annapolis Transit, Connect-a-Ride,
Prince William County-OmniRide/OmniLink, Loudoun County
Transit, Ride-On, Tysons Shuttle, TheBus
- Local rail service including MARC Train and Virginia
Railway Express (VRE)
See our Regional Transportation providers
page for phone numbers and links to websites
for non-Metro transit providers.
- Enter your starting point in the "Travel
field. You may enter an address, intersection or
landmark. Do not include city, state, or zip code.
- Enter your final destination in the "Travel
" field. You may enter an address, intersection
or landmark/tourist attraction. Do not include city,
state, or zip code.
- Select travel mode to use: Bus only, Rail only, or Both.
- Select the month and day you plan to travel.
- Select the time you want to depart from your
location or time you want to arrive at your destination.
Enter the time in HH:MM format and select am or
pm. Note: Entering the time
and date of travel are very important for receiving
accurate itineraries. Service, particularly bus
service, may vary greatly depending on the day
of the week and time of day.
- Select the travel option you want to minimize from among:
- Traveling time
- Walking (Note: The maximum walking
distance provided by the Trip Planner is 1 mile)
- Then click "Submit" to view your
trip plan itinerary.
Start using the Trip Planner.