Procedures for Public Comment at Board and Committee Meetings
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, the WMATA Board of Directors will be conducting its meetings virtually until further notice.
In order to ensure that members of the public still have the opportunity to provide comments to the Board, please see the revised Procedures for Public Comment below. (4/17/2020)
Procedures for Public Comment
1. Members of the public wishing to provide comments are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide their comments in writing. Comments will be accepted once the meeting agenda is published on wmata.com (generally the Friday prior to the meeting) until 5 p.m. the Tuesday prior to the Board meeting.
2. Commenters are requested to provide their name and jurisdiction of residence in their email.
3. Comments related to individual employee personnel issues, claims against the Authority or disputes concerning the award or administration of specific contracts will not be allowed in this forum, as there are other avenues to pursues these matters.
4. Emails should be limited to 300 words. The chair will read emails into the records and reserves the right to summarize emails that exceed the 300-word limit.
5. Public comments will be read into the record in the order in which they were received, and will be directed to the Board as a whole. Board members may refer matters that arise to the CEO for investigation and/or follow-up.
6. The Chair reserves the right to disregard emails containing profanity, slurs, derogatory comments or other discriminatory language.
7. The Chair will limit to ten (10) minutes the amount of time spent reading emails into the record. If there is correspondence remaining at the end of this period, he will, to the extent possible, summarize any additional correspondence received.