For immediate release: September 1, 2023
Metro service information for Labor Day: Frequent service, four Green Line stations reopenedOn Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 4, Metrorail will open at 7 a.m. and close at midnight, providing normal Sunday service on all lines at all 98 stations, including the Green Line where four stations closed for summer construction will reopen ahead of schedule tomorrow. Metrobus will operate on a Sunday schedule. MetroAccess customers may make a reservation to travel on the holiday; however, subscription trips will be canceled.
Whether heading to a movie, barbeque, or one of many local events, Metro is your convenient and affordable way to get around the region this holiday weekend. If you’re heading out of town, avoid the traffic by taking Metro to Washington Dulles International or Reagan National airports.
Metro this week announced that Green Lines stations Greenbelt, College Park-U of Md, Hyattsville Crossing, and West Hyattsville stations, closed since July 22, will reopen for rail service on Saturday, Sept. 2, three days ahead of schedule.
Service information for Monday, September 4:
- Red Line: Trains operate every 8 minutes until approximately 9:30 p.m., then every 10 minutes until closing.
- Blue/Silver lines: Trains operate every 12 minutes until approximately 9:30 p.m., then every 15 minutes until closing.
- Orange Line: Trains operate every 10 minutes until approximately 9:30 p.m., then every 15 minutes until closing.
- Yellow Line: Trains operate every 8 minutes until closing.
- Green Line: Trains operate every 8 minutes until closing.
Customers are encouraged to check wmata.com/stations for first and last train information when planning travel. Visit wmata.com/weekend for service information all weekend long.
Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Service varies by route, check timetables for details.
- All subscription trips will be canceled Monday.
- Customers wishing to travel on the holiday should make a separate reservation online or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535).
Normal weekday fares will be in effect on Labor Day. Plan your travel with the trip planner at wmata.com.
Schedules, real-time train arrivals and station information are available at wmata.com. For assistance by phone, call Metro customer information at (202) 637-7000 [TTY 202-638-3780]. For the latest service information, customers are encouraged to sign up for MetroAlerts text and email messages, follow us on X @metrorailinfo @metrobusinfo @wmata or go to wmata.com/alerts.