For immediate release: May 25, 2023
Metro service information for Memorial Day, Monday, May 29On Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, Metrorail will open at 7 a.m. and close at midnight, providing normal Sunday service on all lines. Metrobus will operate on a Sunday schedule. MetroAccess customers may make a reservation to travel on the holiday; however, subscription trips will be canceled.
Whether heading to a parade, barbeque, or the one of many local events honoring our servicemembers, Metro is your convenient and affordable way to get around the region this holiday weekend. If you’re heading out of town, avoid the traffic by taking Metro to Washington Dulles International or Reagan National airports.
- Red Line: Trains operate every 8 minutes until approximately 10 p.m., then every 10 minutes until closing.
- Blue/Orange/Silver lines: Trains operate every 15 minutes until closing.
- Yellow Line: Trains operate every 12 minutes between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Sq until closing.
- Green Line: Trains operate every 8 minutes until closing.
Customers are encouraged to check wmata.com/stations for first and last train information when planning travel.
- Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Service varies by route, check timetables for details.
- All subscription trips will be canceled Monday.
- Customers wishing to travel on the holiday should make a separate reservation online or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535).
Schedules, real-time train arrivals and station information are available at wmata.com. For assistance by phone, call Metro customer information at (202) 637-7000 [TTY 202-638-3780].