Metro's Performance Guidelines
Performers selected to participate in the MetroPerforms! Program must adhere to the following performance guidelines:
1. Performers can perform only at assigned stations in Metro-designated areas.
2. Performances must take place from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and/or from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm, or 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm as assigned.
3. Performers are expected to start and end performances on time.
4. Performers are prohibited from generating sound levels exceeding 75 decibels measured at twenty-five feet from any performer or performance group.
5. Performers may only use battery-powered sound amplifiers.
6. Live brass horn performances, unless muted to 75 decibels or below, are not permitted at stations.
7. Performers are subject to background checks performed by the Metro Transit Police Department.
8. Performers are not allowed to solicit. Panhandling and selling merchandise of any kind are strictly prohibited.
9. Performers must wear an active Metro-issued MetroPerforms! ID and carry a government-issued photo ID at all times while performing on Metro property.
10. Performances and performance material must be suitable for the general public.
11. Performers must cooperate with station managers and Transit Police at all times to ensure performances do not compromise station egress and the safety of Metro customers and the general public.
12. Participants must be 18 years of age to perform unaccompanied by a parent, guardian or authorized teacher.
13. Participants under 18 years of age selected to perform during non-school hours must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or authorized teacher for the duration of each performance.
14. Student performers under 18 years of age, who have consent from their parent or guardian to perform during school hours, must be accompanied by their teacher for the duration of each performance.
15. Performers must wear neat and clean attire that is appropriate for a public performance.