Proposal to Make 2021 Fare Improvements Permanent
Metro implemented several fare changes in 2021. We're proposing to make those changes permanent.
- Free bus transfers to/from rail. Continue to ride Metrobus free when transferring to/from Metrorail. Receive a $2 transfer discount that covers the fare for most Metrobus routes, except Express routes, when using a SmarTrip card.
- Cheaper weekend one-way Metrorail fares. Continue to ride Metrorail for just $2 for any one-way trip all weekend.
- Cheaper 7-day regional bus passes. Continue to get a 7-day regional bus pass for just $12 and a senior/ disabled pass for only $6.
Proposal for New Fare Improvements in 2022
We're also proposing new permanent discounts throughout 2022. If approved, the new discounts would start on or after July 1, 2022.
- Cheaper late-night, one-way Metrorail fares. Ride Metrorail for only $2 for any one-way trip after 9:30 p.m.
- Cheaper monthly unlimited passes. Metrorail and Metrobus Unlimited Passes would cost $64-$192 instead of $72-$216, depending on the distance selected. (Price discount is based on 32 trips rather than 36 trips per month).
We're proposing new limited-time promotions to make it less expensive to ride Metro. If approved, the new promotions would start on or after July 1, 2022 and last for up to six months.
- 50% off the 7-Day Unlimited Pass. Ride unlimited Metrorail and Metrobus for a week for only $29.
- Get a $5 bonus in stored value for every $25 added to your SmarTrip card. That gives you $30 to ride Metrorail and Metrobus. Not applicable to pass purchases or SmartBenefits.