Service Impacts and Travel Alternatives
PHASE TWO: Nov. 6, 2022 - May 2023
Free Shuttle Service:
- All stations will reopen, and service will resume south of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Station
- Yellow Line stations will be served by the Blue or Green lines
- Blue Line trains will operate every 15 minutes between Downtown Largo and Franconia-Springfield stations and every 15 minutes between Huntington and New Carrollton stations (Blue Plus) (every 15 minutes after 9:30 p.m.)
- Green Line trains will operate every eight minutes (every 10 minutes after 9:30 p.m.)
Free Shuttle Service:
Metro will continue to provide three limited-stop shuttles crossing the Potomac River during weekday rush hours only.
VA-DC Shuttle 1: Crystal City-L'Enfant (6:20 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. - 8:10 p.m.)
Service between Crystal City, Pentagon City, Smithsonian, and L'Enfant Plaza stations every 12 minutes. Shuttle does not stop at Pentagon Station
VA-DC Shuttle 2: Pentagon-Archives (6:20 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
Service between Pentagon, Smithsonian, Archives, & 11th & F Streets NW (near Metro Center) every 12 minutes.
VA-DC Shuttle 3: Mt. Vernon-Potomac Park (former 11Y Route) (5:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. and 3:10 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
Service between Mt. Vernon, Alexandria, and Potomac Park every 20 minutes. Peak direction service only.
- Peak direction is toward Washington, DC in the morning and toward Virginia in the afternoon
- The shuttle stops at several locations in Alexandria along the George Washington Parkway, including Huntington Point, Franklin Street, King Street, and Pendleton Street. In Washington, D.C., stops are near the McPherson Square Station at 14th and I Streets, NW, and near the Farragut West Station at 19th and I Streets
- Virginia Railway Express: Service is available at Franconia-Springfield, King St-Old Town (VRE Station Alexandria), Crystal City, and L'Enfant Plaza stations. VRE is offering reduced fares through the end of the Yellow Line project.
Additional ResourcesCustomers, stakeholders, and the media are encouraged to sign up to receive the latest project updates.
- Shuttles will be operated using a combination of standard Metrobuses and coach buses.
- Accessible shuttles will be available at all affected stations.
- MetroAccess paratransit is available for customers who are unable to use the accessible shuttles. For MetroAccess eligibility, an expedited process is available at the Transit Accessibility Center.
- Fare vending machines are not accessible at closed stations. Review how to reload your SmarTrip® card.