Proposed Changes at Congress Heights Station
We want your feedback. Metro is proposing changes to Congress Heights Station's transit facilities to support future mixed-use development and improve access to the St. Elizabeths East Campus. Submit your comments and/or upload documents by 5 p.m. Thursday, October 5, 2023. Click here for more information.
Better Bus Initiative
For the first time in decades, we're taking a fresh and detailed look at our bus service and routes to serve you better. The Better Bus initiative will create a fast, frequent, and reliable bus network that is easier to understand.
- Bus Network Redesign
- Bus Stop and Shelter Improvements Program
- Bus Priority
- Bus Technology Upgrades/Info 2.0/Amenities
- Bus Facility Rehabilitation & Modernization
Customer Facilities & Amenities Initiatives
We want to modernize and enhance the end-to-end customer experience. We are working hard to make it easy for customers to plan, pay for rides and navigate through our facilities.
- Metro's Fleet of the Future
- Fare System Modernization
- Escalator, Canopy and Elevator Projects
- Parking Improvement Projects
- Station Access Improvement Studies
We are supporting regional decarbonization efforts by reducing energy and resource consumption, increasing energy efficiency, investing in carbon-free clean energy sources and transitioning to zero-emissions vehicles in line with regional sustainability efforts and innovations.
- Solar Carports
- New Hampshire Ave Chiller Plant - Groundwater Treatment Addition
- Zero-Emissions Vehicles
Joint Development & Adjacent Construction
We are working in close collaboration with our jurisdictions, other transportation agencies, employers, small businesses and developers to support economic development and regional opportunities.
- Public Hearings
- Joint Development Construction
- Jurisdictional & Adjacent Construction
Infrastructure & Systems Initiatives
By advancing safety-critical improvements to our infrastructure and systems, our customers can enjoy a more comfortable, reliable and safe ride.
- Automatic Train Operation (ATO)
- 2023 Major Construction
- Aerial Structures Rehabilitation
- Tunnel Ventilation Pilot
- Blue/Orange/Silver Capacity & Reliability Study
- Facilities Modernization Program