Service Evaluation Studies (SES)
The main purpose of the Service Evaluation Studies is to identify the strategic needs for program and facilities; review capacity, productivity, reliability, and quality of service indicators and recommend changes that will improve service delivery.
Metro undertakes a systematic look at bus routes throughout the region as part of the annual budget process. Each year a number of bus routes, in each of the jurisdictions, will be examined with the aim of improving service reliability, frequency, crowding, travel time, bus stop amenities and customer communications. These studies are designed to solve short term issues using available and known information sources.
List of SES Studies
- Oxon Hill Area Lines (D12,D13,D14,NH1,NH3,P17,P18,P19,W13,W14,W15,W19))
- U-V Lines (U2,U4,U5,U6,U8,V7,V8,V9)
- Pershing Drive - Arlington Blvd Line (4A,B,E,H)
- Bowie Lines (B21/22, B24/25, B27, B29/31)
- Crosstown Lines (H1,H2,H3,H4,H8,H9)
- Hunting Point - Pentagon Line (10A,E and 10B)
- Martin Luther King Jr Highway Line (A11,12)
- Central Avenue and Pointer Ridge Lines (C21,C22,C26,C29 and C28)
- Wilson Boulevard Line (1A,B,E,F,Z and 1C)
- East Capitol Street - Cardozo Line (96/97)