As the weather heats up in the Washington, D.C. region, festivals and events also increase. We want your trip to be safe, convenient, and easy on Metro, so we developed travel tips to help you plan for major events. Plus, if you’re going somewhere on the weekend, fares are a flat $2 for any one-way trip, no matter how far you travel, and parking is free at all Metro owned parking garages and lots.
If you're traveling to Stadium-Armory (which provides walking access to RFK Stadium), here are some tips:
Before you ride
- Use Metro's Trip Planner to navigate your destination's best rail and bus options.
- See where the buses and trains are before heading to the station or stop with our real-time Next Arrivals.
- Use SmarTrip mobile pay (available for iOS and Android) to avoid lines at the fare machines.
- Decide if you want to purchase an unlimited One-Day Pass for $13.00*. You can load the pass onto your mobile SmarTrip in advance, and you can use it for unlimited rail & bus travel on the day you first use it. Customers may also buy passes in advance online (allow additional time for mailing), through the SmarTrip App, at any Metrorail station or retail location.
- Take Metrorail to Stadium-Armory via the Orange, Silver, and Blue Lines.
- On weekends, Metrorail will open at 7 am, closing at 1 am Saturday and midnight Sunday.
- Take Metrobus using routes 96, 97, B2 or D6
- Face masks are optional while riding Metro. Please be mindful of others when riding.
- Harassment of any kind is unacceptable in the Metro system. Report harassment/crime by sending a text message to 696873 (MyMTPD), calling (202) 962-2121, or visiting wmata.com/harassment.