Metro operates parking facilities at 48 Metrorail stations. Of these:
- All 48 stations offer daily or hourly parking.
- All 48 stations offer separate motorcycle and bicycle parking.
- All 48 stations feature accessible priority parking near station entrances.
- 38 stations offer reserved parking, where customers purchase permits to park in reserved spaces.
Use the search box below to find Metrorail stations that provide parking. Select a station to read details about costs, fare policies, and number and type of spaces available. If a station is not on the list, there is no Metro parking available at that location.
- Daily parking: Fees and policies vary by station. Use the search box above to view parking details for individual Metro station lots. Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Short-term metered parking: Cost is $1 per hour.
- Weekends and
federal holidays: Parking at Metro-operated lots is free. Weekend and Federal
Holiday operating hours are subject to change due to regional or special events. Updates will be posted at impacted Park & Ride facilities and WMATA.com.
Ashburn and Loudoun Gateway parking facilities may have hours that differ from WMATA standard collection revenue hours. Please reference fares and collection hours under station pages.
Park & Ride Lots and Garages
The following payment options can be used for daily parking:
- SmarTrip®. All Park & Ride facilities accept SmarTrip® cards as payment for daily parking. See our SmarTrip® page for more details on buying and using SmarTrip® cards.
- Credit cards. All stations accept credit cards, in addition to SmarTrip® cards, for paying daily parking fees.
Kiss & Ride Lots
The following payment options can be used for short-term hourly parking:
- Coins at a pay station. Dollar bills cannot be used to pay for parking.
- Credit cards at a pay station using a credit card.
- ParkMobile®. The ParkMobile® app makes it easy to pay for hourly parking. Simply download the ParkMobile® app, enter the “Zone Number” and “Space Number” identified on the nearest parking sign, and select the amount of time you plan to park for. A ParkMobile® service fee will apply.
Metro offers reserved parking at 35 rail stations. The monthly reserved parking fee is $45-$65 and is paid in addition to the regular daily parking rate. Reserved parking spaces for permit holders are available until 10 am. After that time, all unused spaces are available for general use. To learn more about Metro's reserved parking or to apply for a permit, view our Reserved Parking page.
For general reserved parking inquiries, please contact:Metro Reserved Permit Call Center
Laz Parking, LTD.
1125 15th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
Multi-day parking (also known as overnight or long-term parking) is available at four stations: Greenbelt, Huntington, Franconia-Springfield, and Wiehle-Reston East. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use of up to 10 days. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for multi-day parking beyond the regular fee. See the individual station pages for more details about multi-day parking at these four stations:
Metro Parking Operation Center
Metro Parking Operation Center
300 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024