600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Metro operates parking facilities at 44 Metrorail stations. Of these:
- All 44 stations offer daily or hourly parking.
- All 44 stations offer separate motorcycle and bicycle parking.
- All 44 stations feature accessible priority parking near station entrances.
- 36 stations offer reserved parking, where customers purchase permits to park in reserved spaces.
Use the search box below to find Metrorail stations that provide parking. Select a station to read details about costs, fare policies, and number and type of spaces available. If a station is not on the list, there is no Metro parking available at that location.
- Daily parking: Fees and policies vary by station. Use the search box above to view parking details for individual Metro station lots. Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Short-term metered parking: Cost is $1 per hour (quarters and $1 coins only.)
- Sundays and federal holidays: Parking at Metro-operated lots is free, except during special events.
- SmarTrip®. All parking facilities accept SmarTrip® cards as payment for daily parking. SmarTrip® cards are also sold through vending machines at all stations. See our SmarTrip® page for more details on buying and using SmarTrip® cards.
- Cash. Fees at metered spaces can be paid using coins. Cash cannot be used to pay any other parking fees.
- Credit cards. Most stations accept credit cards, in addition to SmarTrip® cards, for paying daily parking fees. Visit individual station parking pages to see if your station accepts credit cards.
Metro offers reserved parking at 35 rail stations. The monthly reserved parking fee is $45-$65 and is paid in addition to the regular daily parking rate. Reserved parking spaces for permit holders are available until 10 am. After that time, all unused spaces are available for general use. To learn more about Metro's reserved parking or to apply for a permit, view our Reserved Parking page.
For general reserved parking inquiries, please contact:Metro Reserved Permit Call Center
Laz Parking, LTD.
1125 15th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
Multi-day parking (also known as overnight or long-term parking) is available at four stations: Greenbelt, Huntington, Franconia-Springfield, and Wiehle-Reston East. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use of up to 10 days. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for multi-day parking beyond the regular fee. See the individual station pages for more details about multi-day parking at these three stations: