Shady Grove and Rockville stations have reopened!
Metro is excited to welcome you back to Shady Grove and Rockville stations. Here is everything you need to know about service at the reopened stations and fun facts about the project.
Customers at Rockville Station now benefit from a new steel canopy structure and several customer experience improvements including:
- Brighter, more efficient LED lights
- New digital screens for passenger information
- Upgraded speakers for station announcements
At both stations, customers will experience new, modernized faregates with larger displays and enhanced safety features.
Check out photos of the stations in our updated photo gallery!
Click below to download and share this infographic to learn more about the project!
- Red Line service has resumed at Shady Grove and Rockville stations.
- Metrobus and RideOn will continue to stop at their current temporary locations at Rockville Station until February.
- SmarTrip cards purchased before 2012 do not work with the new faregates at both stations — learn how to get a replacement card.
- Some parking remains temporarily closed at both stations.
- Federal law requires wearing a face mask on public transit.
Metro’s Capital Improvement Program
Thank you for your patience during the station closures. Metro is committed to delivering progress on our capital improvement program to ensure a state of good repair for regional transit infrastructure.