Metrobus Service Changes Effective Sunday, December 11, 2022
Advisory Effective: 12/11/22 - 6/13/23
Effective Sunday, Dec. 11, 2022, Metro will make changes to Metrobus service on 29 routes in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
•Improving frequency on popular routes in the District of Columbia.
•Extending late-night Q Line service between Rockville and Shady Grove stations in Maryland.
•Adding a stop on Route 18G in Virginia.
Additionally, Metro will make schedule and other changes to the following routes:
• DC: 70, A4, D2, D6, D8, E4, G8, H6, L2, N2, N4, N6, S2, X9
• MD: 86, A12, F6, F8, J1, J2, K12, Q1, Q4, R1, R2
• VA: 18G, 28A, 29K, 29N
District of Columbia
70 Georgia Avenue-7th Street
• Service frequency will be restored to operate every 12 minutes instead of 15 minutes during weekdays between 5 a.m. and midnight; and every 20-24 minutes instead of 15 minutes on weekday mornings from 4-5 a.m., and late nights from midnight-2 a.m.
A4 Anacostia-Fort Drum
• Customers traveling between Martin L. King, Jr. Avenue SE and US Coast Guard Headquarters will no longer need to transfer buses at Anacostia. Customers may remain on the bus to travel between Martin L. King, Jr. Avenue SE and US Coast Guard.
D6 Sibley Hospital-Stadium Armory
• Westbound buses to Sibley Hospital will serve stops along I (Eye) Street instead of K Street between 13th and 20th streets NW to improve operational safety in response to K Street NW service road diversions.
D8 Hospital Center G8 Rhode Island Avenue
• The long-term DC Water Project detour affecting 4th Street NE will continue through late December 2022. BusETA and on-board stop announcements will not reflect the detoured routing during this time. Instead beginning, Dec. 11, BusETA and on-board stop announcements will reflect the scheduled route which will resume once roads reopen and the project is completed in late December. Please check wmata.com/alerts for detour information.
L2 Connecticut Avenue
• Service frequency will be restored to operate every 10 minutes instead of every 12-15 minutes during weekday rush hours (Northbound 7:45 – 8:25 a.m. and 4 – 6 p.m.; Southbound 7-9 a.m. and 4-5 p.m.).
• Northbound buses to Chevy Chase Circle will no longer serve the stop at 17th Street & K Street NW (Stop ID# 1001212). Customers should instead board buses at the stop across Farragut Square at 17th Street & I (Eye) Street NW (Stop ID# 1001193).
N2, N4 Massachusetts Avenue
• Service frequency will be restored to operate every 8-12 minutes instead of 12-16 minutes at stops served by both routes and every 20-24 minutes instead of every 24-28 minutes at stops served by one of the routes during weekday rush hours (Eastbound 7-8:45 a.m.; Westbound 3:30 – 5 p.m.)
S2 16th Street
• Service frequency will be restored to operate every 10 minutes instead of every 15 minutes during weekday rush hours (Southbound between 6-9 a.m. and Northbound between 2:15-6 p.m.); and every 20 minutes late nights between midnight and 2 a.m.
• During weekday morning rush hours between 7:35 a.m. – 8:05 a.m., additional southbound trips beginning at 16th Street & Missouri Avenue NW will be added to the schedule.
X9 Benning Road-H Street Limited
• The route will be changed in downtown DC to serve Gallery Place instead of Metro Center. Buses will begin and end the route at 9th Street & G Street NW (Stop ID# 1001084) adjacent to Martin L. King, Jr. Memorial Library. Buses will no longer serve stops on eastbound New York Avenue & 12th Street NW (Stop ID# 1003679) or westbound H Street & 11th Street NW (Stop ID# 1001114).
Q1, Q4 Veirs Mill Road
• On weekdays, northbound buses departing Silver Spring at 11:13 p.m. and 11:40 p.m. will be changed from Route Q4 to Route Q1 to provide service between Rockville and Shady Grove.
18G Orange Hunt
• Northbound buses to Pentagon will resume service to the stop at Old Keene Mill Road & Greely Boulevard (Stop ID# 5000137).