The Flexible Alternative to MetroAccess
Abilities-Ride is the safe, easy and flexible alternative to MetroAccess. The program offers MetroAccess customers the opportunity to allow MetroAccess to move some of their trips to local taxicab companies, sedan and van companies, and national transportation network companies.
When a customer’s trip is moved to one of the Abilities-Ride providers, the customer’s trip will be at a discounted fare; currently free. The customer may even get to enjoy a fast, direct trip to their destination; not shared with other passengers.
If you choose to join the Abilities-Ride program, you will continue to call MetroAccess to make trip reservations. MetroAccess will decide whether your trip will be moved to one of the Abilities-Ride providers or remain with MetroAccess. If the trip is moved, you will receive a text message and / or phone call from the Abilities-Ride provider. If the trip remains on MetroAccess, you will receive the normal MetroAccess reminder call.
Key Points to Remember:
- Joining the Abilities-Ride program does not guarantee that any of your MetroAccess reservations will be moved to an Abilities-Ride provider.
- When booking a MetroAccess trip, you should always be prepared to be serviced by MetroAccess and pay the MetroAccess fare.
- Abilities-Ride providers offer curb-to-curb service, not door-to-door like MetroAccess.
- Abilities-Ride drivers are not required to carry customer bags or luggage.
- Abilities-Ride drivers are not required to wait with a customer for a “hand-off” at trip destination location.
- You are free to express your preferred Abilities-Ride provider, but there is no guarantee that all of your Abilities-Ride trips will be serviced by your preferred provider.
- Wheelchair-accessible vehicles are available for customers who require use of a wheelchair-accessible, ramp or lift equipped vehicle.
For more information about Abilities-Ride, please call 202-281-8984.