Lock & Ride
Find and sign-up for secure bicycle parking at Metro's 91 Metrorail facilities for your short-term and long-term trips.
Park your bike for free nearby using any of Metro's bike parking facilities and services available:
- Bike Lockers: Store your bicycle and gear inside one of 2,000+ Metro Bike Lockers for $120 per year by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bike & Ride: Access free covered parking at one of Metro's 3 Bike & Ride rooms at College Park, East Falls Church, and Vienna Metro stations. Learn more about Metro's Bike and Ride parking services here.
- U-Racks: Lock up your bike at one of Metro's 2,400 bicycle u-racks.
Park with ease with Metro:
- 24/7 video monitoring, emergency call boxes and bright LED lighting are actively maintained by the Metro Transit Police to keep your items secure when you park your bike while using Metro.
- Secure entry into one of 270 Bike & Ride parking spaces using your SmarTrip® card for registered users. Contact us with questions about secure bicycle parking at Metro: email@example.com.
Lock your bike.Lock your rear wheel and frame by angling your u-lock 45 degrees to class onto a secure U-rack. Consider also locking your front wheel with an auxiliary cable through the front wheel.
Take your valuables with you.Remember to always take your valuables, such as lights or any other accessories off your bike.
Park and ride safe with Metro's Bike & Ride facilities, registration services, and security amenities.
- Metro Transit Police can register your bicycle to help identify and recover your bike.
- Metro can send you real-time capacity information at Metro stops and station at: buseta.wmata.com and in third-party applications like Google Maps.
- Metro also offers secure bike lockers ($120 per year, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register) and four Bike and Ride stations for short-term parking (free) register here.